As the Pursuitist, the ultimate luxury insider, we’ve traversed the globe on a mission to sample the finest cognacs. From grand châteaus nestled in lush vineyards to chic, contemporary bars in bustling cities, our journey has introduced us to the exquisite depth and variety of this celebrated brandy. Now, we share the fruits of our journey with you. Delve into the world of cognac, a versatile spirit renowned for its kaleidoscope of flavors ranging from fruity and spicy to woody. Each sip tells the story of the grapes grown in France’s famed Cognac region and the oak barrels in which they’ve matured for a minimum of two years. In the right setting, this sophisticated spirit’s richness and depth are further enhanced, creating an unparalleled sensory experience. Be it in private clubs teeming with exclusivity or Michelin-starred restaurants pairing culinary delights with their finest cognacs, we present to you the top five cognac bars across the globe, each standing as a testament to the sophisticated allure of this French spirit.
- Coburg Bar at The Connaught Hotel, London: Nestled in the heart of London, the elegant Coburg Bar is a classic English establishment that has been serving cognac since the early 1900s. It boasts an extensive selection of cognacs complemented by a bespoke cocktail menu. Renowned for its beautiful Art Deco interior, Coburg also features a Michelin-starred restaurant, providing the perfect gastronomic accompaniment to your cognac experience. Its popularity among both locals and tourists adds to the charm.
- Annabel’s, Berkeley Square, London: Annabel’s is one of the most exclusive private members’ clubs in London, attracting celebrities and well-known figures. Situated in Berkeley Square, it offers a vast selection of cognacs with expert bartenders who craft the perfect cocktail to suit your palate. The exclusivity and high-profile clientele make sipping cognac here an experience in itself.
- Champany Inn, Linlithgow, Scotland: Housed in a 16th-century inn, Champany Inn in Linlithgow, Scotland, is a hidden gem offering a cozy and relaxed atmosphere for cognac connoisseurs. It not only provides a selection of the world’s finest cognacs but also assists you in making the perfect choice with the help of knowledgeable staff. Adding to the charm, the Inn boasts a beautiful garden, offering a serene spot to enjoy your drink.
- Corse Lawn, Cheltenham, UK: Nestled in the Cotswolds, the Corse Lawn hotel bar is a must-visit for cognac enthusiasts. Its beautiful garden serves as a tranquil spot to enjoy a glass of cognac. It offers a wide selection of cognacs and the staff are well-versed in guiding you towards the perfect choice for your taste. Also noteworthy is the hotel’s Michelin-starred restaurant, making it a fine dining haven.
- Le Baudelaire, Hotel Burgundy, Paris: Immerse yourself in French culture at Le Baudelaire, located in the luxurious Hotel Burgundy in Paris. It has a wide selection of cognacs and skilled bartenders dedicated to crafting the perfect cocktail. Enjoying a glass of cognac at this popular spot for locals and tourists is a great way to experience the best of French culture and gastronomy.
Our global journey concludes here, but the exploration of the captivating world of cognac has only just begun. These illustrious cognac bars, with their rich heritage, stunning locations, and expert mixologists, offer an immersive experience that goes beyond the glass. We invite you to embark on your personal journey and visit these remarkable spots, immersing yourself in the world of this refined spirit. Whether savored straight or enjoyed in a meticulously crafted cocktail, the delicate nuances of cognac promise a unique experience in each of these world-renowned venues. As you embark on this voyage of discovery, allow these exclusive locations to transport you to the heart of the Cognac region, invigorating your senses, and indulging your pursuit of the exceptional. Bon voyage!
BECOME A PURSUITIST VIP!
Sign up for our Free Insider Enewsletter. Get exclusive access. No ads, ever!
Rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ from Forbes, The New York Times & The Wall Street Journal.